Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beadweaving!

I have been having a grand old time weaving those little tiny seed beads that I bought like crazy when I first started beading, but haven't used in a very long time. I find it very exciting to see what emerges from weaving those little tiny guys together. :) Other things that I like about bead weaving include the portability of the craft, and the length of time it can take to work on a piece. There are times when I would prefer to work on a project that takes more than just an hour to complete, as is often the case with a number of simply strung and wire work beaded projects.

I continued practicing my spiral stitch that I learned last Saturday and came up with this beautiful necklace and bracelet. I think I'd like to make a bracelet to match my Autumn Blooms necklace pictured here. I really like the way it turned out. :) I love the colors in my Modern Vintage bracelet pictured here too.





I enjoyed making this "Beaded Tennis Bracelet" yesterday at Artful Bead Studio. Barbara was my teacher and she was wonderful. I'm so glad that Artful Bead Studio will hold one-on-one workshops!! The other bead shops I am familiar with typically will not hold a class if enrollment is too low.



I can't help but marvel over this project. I just love the way it turned out and I love the way the bracelet feels on the wrist. I've already got another one started! :) I also love the idea of using shank buttons as clasps!! I have such a collection of buttons from over the years. I have always saved the buttons that were included with an article of clothing that I purchased. I've contemplated tossing those buttons in the trash at times, since it seems that they just continue to pile up. I find that I rarely ever use them. But, I've never tossed those buttons in the trash out of guilt. I can't bring myself to discard something that I think may be useful at some point in time. Well, am I ever thrilled that I've saved all those buttons, as I see now that I will be able to put them to good use!

Tonight my plan is to complete a beautiful bead & chain necklace piece that I've been wanting to get to for a while. I am going away for the weekend, so I will take my woven project with me and work on that if I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment