Friday, August 28, 2009

Vintage Beaded Beads


Today was another fun day at Artful Bead Studio! I learned to make these lovely "Vintage Beaded Beads" that can be used as components for earrings, bracelets and necklaces. Our teacher also gave us a recipe to make a matching component in a smaller size. She made a bracelet using the larger component as a focal, and she then added a small component to either side of the focal. To complete the length of the bracelet, she attached a filigree finding to either side of the clasp and the smaller components. The finished bracelet was just beautiful.

I'm planning to take another workshop at Artful next week, where I'll learn to create a similar component that can be applied in the same manner as the Vintage Beaded Beads. One of the gals at the shop put together a necklace using both styles of these components, and it looks so amazing! My plan is to complete a similar project after I take the next workshop.

The day before the next workshop for the other component is gonna be BIG. It will be my first experience using Swarovski Rivolis!!! I'm SO EXCITED about this workshop. After examining the finished piece they have at the studio, I'm uncertain if this project can be completed during the allotted time frame of the workshop. It would be great if I am able to do it, but I won't know until I start. I will be very excited to post and blog about that one!! It is such a glamorous looking necklace.

This weekend there is lots of rain scheduled in our forecast with Hurricane Danny looming in the Atlantic Ocean, so I'm hoping to accomplish a lot of beading. It's already getting late on Friday night, so I doubt I'll start a new project now, but I must begin my plan of action. I will have to break tomorrow night from beading to attend a child's b'day celebration, and I MUST accomplish a good, strenuous workout both Saturday and Sunday, but the rest of the time I hope to concentrate on beading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment