Thursday, August 27, 2009

Peacock Feathers Woven Bracelet



I just LOVE this design and it works up quickly! This is another fun one from Artful Bead Studio. The ladies who own and operate this shop just rock my world! I must spend at least two or three afternoons per week there! Their designs are just beautiful, their instruction is superb, and they are so very patient.

This design is versatile in that you can create either a single or double row of woven beads in the piece, and naturally, I had to try one of each! The single row bracelet looks so beautiful in person.... much more so than the photo portrays. I'm giving this bracelet to my girlfriend for a charity fund raiser she's organizing and that will be held exactly one month from today. I hesitated to make such a contribution because I'm still learning the craft, and I don't sell the jewelry. This is a relaxing and rewarding hobby for me. My friend was tickled pink when I told her that I'd make something for her to auction off with a restaurant gift certificate. I hope it fetches a nice penny from the bidders!

No comments:

Post a Comment