Friday, August 14, 2009

Macramé



Had so much fun making these macrame bracelets, though getting the hang of the knots can be tricky. I really love the colors of the Czech button. I'd like to make a necklace using this macrame design, but first I must decide on a focal piece.

I purchased Annika deGroot's Micro-Macrame: 30 Beaded Designs for Jewelry Using Crystals and Cords. The book is beautifully put together and Annika's designs are exquisite. I am half-way through my first project from the book, and I regret to admit that I'm very disappointed with the way it's turning out....so much so that I don't even want to complete it. :( There are a number of other projects in Annika's book that I would like to tackle. I hope I'll be more pleased with the way those other projects turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment