Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Innovative Beads Expo: Allentown

I really enjoyed my time at the Innovative Beads Expo in Allentown, PA this past weekend.  Of course, I bought loads of goodies, and spent WAY too much money!  Ha.... no one can blame me for not fueling the economy!!   I am gathering quite a collection of many interesting beads and findings, but it seems as though there isn't enough hours in the day to complete all of the projects that I would like.  Either that, or I'm just too slow.

I spent Saturday at the show shopping for new goodies, and on Sunday, I took a full-day class with an excellent instructor, Meg Fillmore of Bead My Love.  Meg creates some outstanding bead embroidery.  Meg sells kits, which makes choosing beads for a project much simpler.  I'm really pleased with my pendant, and I'm looking forward to wearing it.  The brooch is a gift for my darling mother-in-law's birthday, which is in two weeks.  I'm SO excited to give it to her.  I don't wear pins, nor have I ever made one, though I do have some wire jewelry books with fibula instructions in them.  I really hope she likes it!  As for bead embroidery, my goal is to work my way up to crafting those really gorgeous embroidered cuffs! 




No comments:

Post a Comment