Monday, July 20, 2009

Five Minute Stack of Sparkle Ring




Last night before going to bed, I decided to put together a ring that I'd been wanting to make. I love Karla Schafer's Stack of Sparkle ring so much that I made it in several colors. The first time I made it (using 20g gold craft wire), I completed it in only five minutes! I was stunned!! Only five minutes to bling bliss?! You betcha! Last night's attempt took me much, much longer than five minutes, however. It took me six times before I finally got the ring right. I was trying to make sure that the crystal square ring and the rondelle were really tight against the 20g copper wire base because the square piece moves if it is not secured. The tighter I tried to make the beads against the wire, the more loose they became!!! I finally realized on the sixth try that my attempts were futile, and that I should just focus on securing the top wrap firmly. Thankfully, it only took me..... five minutes.

My project this evening is an embellished filigree piece. I am in love with the Vintaj brass components! The color is a nice change, and you can get really creative with the findings. At the Innovative Beads Expo I attended in Allentown, PA, the folks at Kabela Designs were showing pieces embellished with beautiful paint colors. The pieces were GORGEOUS! I may just have to splurge on some of that paint at the next Expo, which is only a couple of weeks away!

Hopefully, I'll be posting my completed embellished brass filigree piece tomorrow or the day after. Until then.... happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment