Thursday, July 30, 2009

Found a New Bead Shop Near Me!






OMG, OMG, OMG!! I found out about an AWESOME bead shop that's near me because of a jewelry forum that I belong to. People were posting in the forum where they were from, and after reading my post, someone told me about a couple of bead shops that were near my residence. This was yesterday. Today, I jumped in the car and off I went to check out the drive. NOT BAD! I'm happy so far. I open the doors to the shop and I immediately fall in LOVE! Oh my.... they had LOADS of jewelry all over the shop, and of course, beads, beads, and MORE beads. What a place! This shop has LOADS of classes that I wanna take! I've been on the fence about bead weaving, but I have to admit that after seeing the woven work posted by many designers, I decided that I'd like to learn to weave. The more techniques in my repertoire, the better, right? I signed up for a macrame bracelet class that they are offering in mid-August. The bracelet is really beautiful in person! They have a macrame necklace class too. I may have to sign up for that one so I can have matching sets. :) There's a "Peacock Feathers" bracelet class, and a "Beaded Tennis Bracelet" class that I'd like to take too. The bracelets are SO pretty! A spiral stitch class is on the their schedule for this Saturday afternoon, and I think I'm gonna jump on in if there are still seats available. SOOOO excited!!! Happy day! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment