Sunday, July 19, 2009

New to Blogging

Well, this is it. Today, I've taken the plunge into the blog world. Late bloomer, I know.

I've been learning to create handmade bead and wire jewelry during the past year. I've taken a number of workshops at my local bead store, and at nearby bead conventions. I now own just about every current jewelry-making title on Amazon's list, and I've successfully gotten hooked on the craft, although I was never a crafty individual at any point in my life.

During my learning process, I've realized that almost all handmade artists have a blog of some sort, so I decided that, I too, should make an effort to participate in the blog world. Many of the blogs I've come across have inspired me. If I can inspire someone through my blog, then I've done something worthwhile.

Pictured here are the Leaf Drop earrings that I completed just last night. Not the best wire work, I know. Three months ago, I took the Leaf Drop Earring workshop offered at Bead Fest Wire by the very talented and knowledgeable Lisa Claxton. I only had enough time to complete one earring during the workshop, and crazy as it sounds, I didn't complete the second earring until just last night! I really like Lisa's design and it is my intention to perfect my technique as I continue to make more of these components. We'll see how I fare.

I've got loads of projects sitting on my bench currently. That makes me very happy! Now, it's time to get busy and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment